BBC Technics sp10 turntable - PLEASE HELP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have had the folly to bid and buy the following turntable but realised (too late) that the output cables may not be at all the standard ones but instead the Hypertac ones. I am not an engeneer and therefore would have no idea how to connect them to my Rogers Ls 5/8.

Can someone tell me whether the unit has normal output or only the Hypertac one ?

Thank you very much !

Having forked out 2200 UKP you can understand that I am rather worried ...

Alexander , the audio fool

Attachments

• turntable1.jpg
    turntable1.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 158
  • turntable2.jpg
    turntable2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 163
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Given the abuse that unit has suffered over it's life that may be the least of your worries!

Was this from the BBC wales auction recently?

I found this on Vinyl Engine from an Ex-BBC guy
Personal recomendation is to leave the BBC model alone unless you have all the component parts inc the interconnecting leads which are as rare as rare can be (they have (for the most) been skipped and are long gone), and you have a high proficiency in electronics and able to solder, use a scope etc.
There is however nothing that can not be reworked or re-engineered, (remember this was 1970 technology after all) but its so much easier to use a sandard SP10 MK2 with the std power supply (gnd, +5V +32v ~180v) unless you really want the varispeed option that the BBC models provide and the ability to remote/fader start etc.

However if you post in the 'incredible technics SP10' thread there are a couple of people running RP2/9 or 10 models who should be able to help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.