Bonsai’s X-Altra MC/MM Phono Preamp

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Thanks Bonsai. You say in the video price includes etched back panel.. Great video, watched it twice with enthusiasm.

So I can get it straight - Housing is 55 or back panel is 55.. I guess I'm missing something. Galaxy 1U is $54 starting

Also, Paypal price that comes up is $56

Looking at 2-3 units!

Last edited:
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Thanks Bonsai. You say in the video price includes etched back panel.. Great video, watched it twice with enthusiasm.

So I can get it straight - Housing is 55 or back panel is 55.. I guess I'm missing something. Galaxy 1U is $54 starting

Also, Paypal price that comes up is $56

Looking at 2-3 units!
The PCB set includes the back panel. So you throw out the Galaxy pack panel and replace it with the PCB back panel. The housing is the 2 U version 230 mm wide and 179 mm deep

😊

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Joel, unfortunately I cannot comment on the LSK170 as I have never used them. You could try just one of the channels and then check that it works. The LSK389 devices I used are superb I have to say. For the transformer, just type in the manufacturer part number which is 70013K and you should find a source in North America - looks like Chris can help you out in any event!

(Thanks for your offer of help to a fellow builder Chris!)

Joined 2007
Paid Member
IIRC, RS Components on the US side had that it was discontinued but Digi-Key has it as requiring a very large buy. I had to go with an Amgis transformer but it wasn't quite apples to apples swap, but seems to work okay. Just my experience - things change day to day on parts supply.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yeah, I did my search already for the Tranny from main suppliers. Long wait times or bulk purchase only is what I see..
My main method for buying parts has been to thoroughly search through all brands and find available matches that fit, but finding size and pin configuration for PCB tranny is not working out..