Bigbottle Phonostage Builders thread.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
My build is slowly progressing. The heaters are glowing in the first pic but no H/T connected.

DSC_0938 (2).jpg

DSC_0928 (2).jpg

DSC_0940 (2).jpg

Hi ikir and KVP,
The company is called Swift Heat & Control. They are based about 75 km from my home town in the South of Johannesburg. I do not know if they export to other countries, but I can ask. I do think the cost of shipping to Europe and elsewhere would probably triple the price. I'll provide feedback.
Kevin

Last edited:
Possibly?

I haven't used them, Marra has highlighted their existence

What /who have you used then , could BOM be updated with links to different suppliers to choose from .
I'm also interested in preferred choice of vital components ie: coupling caps , RIAA resistors , caps , etc..., I don't want to skimp on quality but I won't go for expensive and very accurate Vishay z-foils as it wouldn't make much difference to RIAA accuracy , unless there is something to gain ?

What /who have you used then , could BOM be updated with links to different suppliers to choose from .

I'm also interested in preferred choice of vital components ie: coupling caps , RIAA resistors , caps , etc..., I don't want to skimp on quality but I won't go for expensive and very accurate Vishay z-foils as it wouldn't make much difference to RIAA accuracy , unless there is something to gain ?
The BOM does indicate the important resistors but all the 1% caps are equally as important. That could be marked up.

I can add a list of transformer builders too....once I find a few that will do one off orders.