Uher CR240 hiss in output stage/general noise reduction

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The new pinch roller did the trick, and the speed is now regular. Before we were locked down I was using it to play some recorded tapes from my grandfather in the studio, and a colleague was so impressed they bought a CR 210! They live off-grid, so the 12V supply they can get from photovoltaics is ideal portable Uher territory. I've got it to repair and am making another record switch as this one is also snapped.

I'm testing a new method involving making a KiCAD templet, and hope to get it etched more accurately than my homemade affair I did for my CR 240. I sense another thread coming up...

Could do, Colin, but it's just a lot to wade through and probably less efficient for the search engine. This thread was a specific request for help, so if someone has a problem with a switch it's counterintuitive to get to page 4 of a thread with an unrelated title!

Here's my KiCAD switch taking shape, and the bust CR 210 original. Now I just need to work out how to make the DXF lines become fills on the copper layer...

Attachments

• Record Switch.png
    Record Switch.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20210129_034740.jpg
    IMG_20210129_034740.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 31
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.