Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Turntable DD or Belt drive. This is the question.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd July 2019, 10:22 PM   #221
Guerilla is offline Guerilla  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Cables is an interesting subject most suited for the lounge. This thread could then be about Direct Drive versus Belt Drive as its title suggests. Thats just my opinion sorry.
Cheers!
Old 2nd July 2019, 10:29 PM   #222
anatech is online now anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

You are right of course. I'm afraid we are well off topic.

-Chris
Old 2nd July 2019, 10:40 PM   #223
wiseoldtech is offline wiseoldtech  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Stuart View Post
wiseoldtech,
all your examples are with wire tightly wrapped in dialectric and all these tests were carried out decades ago. You havn't quoted any examples using air cored wiring which you seem oblivious of.

I quote Oliver Heavisides findings which remain extant today - electricity travels not only through a conductor but on and and around the conductor.

You do seem trapped in the past which is a shame as your posts about d/d decks are spot on. However particle physics escapes you completely, as this science does with most of the audio community.

The most important part of any audio system is the transmission of the electronically generated musical signal. Completely irrelevant is the use of either ss or valve amplification.

The audio world needs to get it's **** into gear about basic science because it is a joke compared to the computer world which is open minded and not trapped in sclerotic thinking from decades ago.

Please reply with logical scientific argument ,not irrational abusive statements - over to you.

Oh come on now!
You make it sound like I'm some uneducated idiot here, which I assure you I am not.
I'm well aware of the properties of wires, electrical currents, and all that jive.

I've been educated through accredited universities, gotten my needed certificates, and spent 40+ years in the Service Industry, with numerous accolades and an outstanding reputation.

But I don't choose to dabble nor argue about such rediculous conversations concerning utterly trivial brain-nutting "nuances" that some people obsess over.
Old 3rd July 2019, 01:05 AM   #224
wiseoldtech is offline wiseoldtech  United States
diyAudio Member

Oh, and I almost forgot.....
This added (and unneeded) discussion about how electricity travels around a conductor, and such, is only relevant discussion for such things as Radio/RF/Microwave frequencies, certainly NOT worth bringing up when discussing simple "low frequency" AUDIO signals.

Turntable DD or Belt drive. This is the question.Hide this!Advertise here!