Change Tape Belt on Autoreverse deck on Clarion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear friends, my name is Luca and I write from Italy, so my apologize if English is not fluently.
I'm a car audio fan of '80 years, so recentrly I bought some car radio tape units.
I have a problem with tape mechanism of Clarion and Panasonic.
I changed the belt because damaged and then clear all gears.
When I put the cassette the system pickup it, then try one side then reverse side, then eject the cassette.
I watched on Service Manual but unable to fix the problem.

I'm also looking for Service Manual and Service Center of CLarion outside Italy, because I'm looking for some spare parts of Clarion CRX115R.

Someone can help me?

Best Regards
Luca

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> try one side then reverse side, then eject the cassette.

Usually: the deck "looks" for rotation of the tape reel when the capstan attempts to pull tape. If the reel stops, maybe it is at the end of the tape? Try playing the other way. If the reel still does not move, something is wrong. Eject the tape.

So how does this deck sense reel rotation? Sometimes a mechanical switch on a cam on the reel shaft. Sometimes an electric eye reading a notch in the reel pulley. Sometimes the reel sensor is belt or roller coupled to the reels.

Hi, I try to attach some photos and video.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Video

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.