Kenwood KD 990/7010 cap replacement questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 2 KD decks, one working and one not. I think that a PSU cap has gone taking with it at least one transistor. I have decided to replace parts on both decks.

I have the service manual which lists all the caps/resistors/trimpots etc.

I am going to replace all the electrolytic caps, they are industrial types so not expensive. The question is - should I replace the ceramic caps as well.

John,
your quite right about the PSU cap, I hadn't looked at the deck in years, The transistors are fine.

All the electros are Elna RJH and are now discontinued but Panasonic ECA are a direct sub except for the 2200uF/25V. I need a replacement cap with a max. height of 18mm. I can buy the same NOS Elna cap from the States but I prefer to buy new stock, it makes sense, any ideas.

Also as the cap has leaked across 2 diodes does it make sense to replace these? thanks for the help.

This is a related diy question about the Kenwood arm - I would like to alter the tonearm wiring to one run from cartridge tags to phono stage.

If this was a one piece arm it would be very easy but with a detachable h/shell (which I like) I have to know how the inserted plug in the arm tube is fixed. I don't want to naff the arm by being heavy handed.

Is there anyone especially Japanese who might have the answer. Either it is screwed into the arm tube or it is fixed by way of an adhesive.

I'd like to use an identical AWG solid core silver or OCC copper wire but inside FEP air cored tubing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.