Next expensive audio gear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Account Closed
Joined 2010
Let's just talk in admiration about our gear so that the prices will rise sky high on ebay and other sales sites, at least for amusement.I've seen repeatedly that if only one person tell about his piece of gear that is really high end, better than most other components where he mentioned some other expensive toys, there's almost an immediate response on all sellers sites.Let's just make all the prices sky rocketing so that in the end nobody would even think to buy all the garbage signed "high end"!

Joined 2014
Paid Member
simple. Find an internet forum post where you can then see a jump in prices. There have been cases of discussions on here causing a bulk buy up of certain cheap but good tubes by evil scrotes, but I have not seen any evidence of forum discussions bigging up prices.

Let's just talk in admiration about our gear so that the prices will rise sky high on ebay and other sales sites,
It all depends on the universally recognized conviction power carried by the speaker´s/praiser´s voice.

*ALL* sellers praise their own product, so that carries zero conviction power and in fact is often suspect.

Now if "somebody respected" praises it, then that´s something.

Can you get some Guru praise your stuff?

Second best: can you get a Forum fall in love with it and praise it to high Heaven?
That has happened here some times, not sure you can get that reaction at will.

Third: sometimes you can get some "Audiophile" page or magazine "test" it and speak wonders.
It usually has some hidden cost, which means paying for expensive advertising space in same magazine.

Or straight investing heavily in Publicity.

I've seen repeatedly that if only one person tell about his piece of gear that is really high end, better than most other components where he mentioned some other expensive toys, there's almost an immediate response on all sellers sites.
REALLY???? :rolleyes:
Never ever saw that , specially by *one* random person.
If anything, I saw either no/zero/zilch response which is the normal reaction to contradiction/argument/mocking if the statement is really over the top.

Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Now imagine how confusing european languages are taught to english natives. Esp when, as soon as you thing you understand it you find the second person plural is used in a singular sense as a mark of respect!

None of which changes the fact that there is no evidence of this effect you speak of.

Account Closed
Joined 2010
You had it once, i think:

<<"Thy" is an English word that means "your" in the second person singular.
English used to have a distinction between singular and plural in the second person, such that we had the following:

• Singular: thou, thee, thy
  • Plural: ye, you, your
Nowadays, we just have "you" and "your" in place of those six distinct words (which is why in nonstandard English, we have things like "y'all" or "youse" to distinguish 2nd-person plural from 2nd-person singular).>>

None of this change the fact that i don't need to prove anything , but YOU have all my respect SIR!

So...what's the next expensive audio gear?Let's just name it!

Its the very rare XTZ A100D3. Its origin is still unclear, and too few people knows its capability to sound warmer, clearer, more detailed and spacios than any amplifier under 100000dollars. One of the funny things about it is that it soundwise has all the qualities of valveamps but none of the drawback. It was substituted by a new model thatt has an insane price to quality gap but still doesnt have the same PRAT as its older brother

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
In informal Southern US talk, "yous" (also "you-all") is plural "you". But you need to know how to talk like that to carry-off such an example of "bad English". And it is never done in print except to be funny.

I have stopped talking about some books. I mentioned one, and ABE.com prices shot up beyond what it is really worth. OTOH, I saved my money to buy the Cherry book, and a year later I was trying to sell my copy (for cash but also to share the info) and then he released it for free.

Account Closed
Joined 2010
I'd like to see some evidence of this effect in action.
Since i started to talk about Aiwa c-22 phono preamp , it's price got from 20 euros for the whole line to 100...200 euros just for the preamp... This would be the fifth item i spoke openly on forums and saw its price jump up.

I won't give more examples just because the prices are still manageable for some of the items i like the most.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.