Linn Kremlin FM Stereo Tuner

I've managed to reverse-engineer the circuitry used when the toroidal transformer is in place. It wasn't difficult. Now just one component to identify and even then I don't think it's strictly necessary for the operation of the unit.
I want to be able to send this unit back to its owner and know that it will be reliable and go the distance. I have confidence in a linear power supply, I don't have confidence in the SMPS.
Is it an extra -ve supply? AFAIK the other devices of this generation that use the Brilliant don't have it.

Anyway whatever works and keeps you comfortable. Quite often the big barrier to doing this is sourcing a transformer.

Is it an extra -ve supply? AFAIK the other devices of this generation that use the Brilliant don't have it.

Anyway whatever works and keeps you comfortable. Quite often the big barrier to doing this is sourcing a transformer.
It seems from my reverse-engineering that the 24 volt supply which is normally created by one of the onboard regulators is split off, and a new 24 volt supply is created when the transformer is used.
I was fortunate to have a toroidal transformer in my collection which had the right secondary windings and voltages.
The tuner has now been running on the test bench for three days continuously and performing just as it should.