repairing broken cantilever -benz micro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Most probably this is the best solution for you.
It has been proven so far in this thread that your personal taste matters. E.g. your statement that Ortofon OM's colourize the sound, what they supposedly don't, not only in my, but also in the opinion of many others I know.
Best regards!

Ok, you have an OMB body, which is exactly the same as an OM, but it's bulk version that once was sold to TT manufacturers to be used for original equipment (OEM).
I have to confess that I've listened to all my styli only in my SuperOM body so far, which might be somewhat better than the OM. At least it's electrical characteristics differ somewhat. I'll mount either the OM and the SuperOM to two identical TT's and compare this weekend :).
I'm well aware that these Ortofon's will never reach those superb ancient MM carts from the vinyl heydays, such as the ELAC 796 HSp or the AKG P8ES SuperNova, just to name two, but what can one do when high quality styli for those are unobtainable nowadays?
Best regards!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.