Micro Seiki MA 707 help please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I recently bought Micro Seiki MA 707 tonearm without two weights. The slider one and additional weight are missing. So, I have a small request for the owners: If you have any of them, I would appreciate if you could measure weight and dimensions of them, so I could fabricate them according to originals.

1586799-micro-seiki-dd33-ma707-tonearm-weight-and-guage.jpg

Thank you

I have this tonearm somewhere in my mess. If I can find it, I will post the info for you.

Did Micro ever publish a graph on where to place the adjustable mass to a specific cartridges compliance ? Otherwise its just a guesstimate

Regards
David

Hi David, info that you are looking for can be downloaded from here:

Library Downloads - Vinyl Engine

@ Academia, - thank you man, i have weight now. If I did my math well, slider is around 14-15 gms, additional weight is 28 grams. Correct? Dimensions? :D

Last edited:
@ Academia, - thank you man, i have weight now. If I did my math well, slider is around 14-15 gms, additional weight is 28 grams. Correct? Dimensions? :D

Yes, those are the correct weights according to the calibration of my balance .....

Let me take the right dimensions and I'll pass them to you.

What you have to do in the meantime is to try the type of thread that leads in the end, that surpasses my knowledge of mechanics ... I do not think it is a DIN step but of English standards, you can try with provisional screws trying to screw them gently in the arm housing (female) until you find the correct one.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 191
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 184
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.