alba 662 record player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found an old alba 662 record player and was digging around inside it and discovered a melted component. It was light blue about 30mm H x 15mm w x 5mm it looks to be part of the PSU and has "WK129 PM01" written on it (some of it was too melted to read). can anyone help me identify what this would have been.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Most selenium rectifiers of more than a few watts rating were open framed. i.e. they looked like a stack of metal plates, square or round, spaced a few mm apart for air cooling. Thankfully, most had disappeared from consumer products, before the 1970s. Selenium Rectifiers

If the component has partly melted, it's obviously covered in a thermoplastic material which would be unwise on any type of rectifier. The description may fit a simple safety device protecting the motor or amplifier, though. Perhaps a small, auto-resetting thermal relay? At least you could check around the power supply for other signs of silicon or even germanium type diodes or bridges from the era.

it looks like this.? "I hope you can see the picture"

Attachments

• S3020011.JPG
    S3020011.JPG
    470.1 KB · Views: 59
its where the bridge rectifier should be ........so thats what it will be ( selenium rectifier )

i will replace it with a new one ....... the unit uses AD161 and AD162s and claims to have an out-put of 25watt (stereo)

thats about 2 amps so a replacement rated at 8 amps and 1000 volts should stay cool.

i hope i've got that right ........ and many thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.