Rega Planar with Marble Top ????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi !

I have recently purchased a Rega Planar 3 with a custom made Marble top that is exactly the same thickness as the original plinth thickness but placed on top of the planar plinth thus doubling it's total thickness. This marble top was made by the stone masons called Dohmanns & Gusew which are obviously german. Rega themselves can't seem to verify if they ever commmissioned any of these to be built but I have on unconfirmed advise heard that they did. I'm not sure if this is true or if it is simply someones project that I've picked up. There is a Gold badge placed on the Left hand side that gives it a model name of "CONTINUUM" and with the stone masons name that I have mentioned above on the badge under the model name. I have also included a piccy of the Rega in question and if anyone knows anything about it I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers,

Manfred.

Attachments

• rega with marble plinth.jpg
    rega with marble plinth.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 311
I haven't had it fully working as yet as I have to do a re-wire of the arm due to the red wire being broken by the previous owner when he changed the cartridge. I also am having a new lid made for it as the original Rega is tinted and I'm having a clear one that's also the next thickness grade up manufactured by a professional lid maker, this way it will show off the marbles beauty 24/7. I shall post more info as to how it's travelling once the arm is re-wired and the new MC cartridge is selected and fitted. Any suggestions ae to what sounds good on an RB-300 ??

Thanks for your interest,

Cheers from Oz.

LuvPioneer said:
I shall post more info as to how it's travelling once the arm is re-wired and the new MC cartridge is selected and fitted. Any suggestions ae to what sounds good on an RB-300 ??

Thanks for your interest,

Cheers from Oz.

Ortofon MC15 super mkII works well, its what I have in a RB250.
Slightly lusher and not as precise the high output Denon DL110.

:) sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.