Audio Analogue Puccini faulty phono stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've just got hold of an AA Puccini SE. It sounds great from all the sources apart from the turntable, when one speaker works only at a very low volume. Ive swapped the leads around and the problem stays in the same channel, so the fault appears to be in the amp.

There is no visible component failure. Can anyone advise if this is likely to be practically repairable?

Such a shame.

I've taken off the jumpers and cleaned them with contact cleaner, but it made no difference. I'm wondering if it might be an opamp failure?
I think, it is this model:
Product Review - Audio Analogue Puccini SE Integrated Amplifier
or
Audio Analogue Puccini SE Remote [English]
check out also this URL's
Puccini "Special Edition" Integrated Amplifier
Audio Analogue UNOFFICIAL page !
AUDIO ANALOGUE PUCCINI PRE AMPLIFIER SCH Service Manual download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics experts
https://elektrotanya.com/audio-analogue_puccini_sch.djvu/download.html

What happens without connected tonarm cables (open input)?
If the noise level is high (much more noise level than at all line inputs) and the same value at both channels, then the RIAA amp section works. If not -
as the most likely reason of the mentioned error, I suspect contact errors in the source selection (relay contact switching issues).
Defective OPA-ICs can also be considered, but is very unlikely.

I've just got hold of an AA Puccini SE. It sounds great from all the sources apart from the turntable, when one speaker works only at a very low volume. Ive swapped the leads around and the problem stays in the same channel, so the fault appears to be in the amp.

There is no visible component failure. Can anyone advise if this is likely to be practically repairable?

Such a shame.

Federico, the constructer of the first amp, may answer on mail. He helped me a few times when I blew some transistors in my previous Puccini SE. He still has the unofficial site open as another poster linked to. Schematics is there also.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.