Tavish 6SL7 Phono build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The BOM is at the end of the assembly manual beginning on page 23.

Here's a link to the manual
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...etup_manual_prod2p2a.pdf?16013587918000871084

It includes part numbers at Digikey and Mouser

Thanks for both your post. Probably my phrasing wasnt that good!
I indeed saw the BOM in the pdf you shared but I was hoping for a 'digital' BOM like the one you build on Mouser's website.

Maybe one of the fellow DIY'ers did the same project around Europe, as Mixi for example.

Sorry for the poor use of the language :)

Here's my BOM Pdf. It's based on the original BOM from the Tavish website but I believe I filled in some gaps. Please double check as there are quite a few parts and it's been a few month since i put the document together. I also have an Excel Version if needed.

I'll try to share my mouser shopping list / project as soon as i have found my mouser password.....shouldn't take to long.

View attachment BOM_29012019.pdf

Attachments

• BOM.29012019.pdf
    62.8 KB · Views: 101
did you ever start this project?

Will do soon! I had 2 PCBs to finish (now 1) and I had a lot of traveling with work.
Just waiting for the things to settle. (Im an academic so term 2 ends next week and my students take time off!!!)

I only have a solid phono amp and this is my best bet for a tube pre. I haven't found something better (price, diy etc) so its still my target!!

Ill try to get components in a saved basket so I can check for stock.

Thanks a lot!

PS: as I haven't done any tube project before I was also reading and youtune-ing so I don't mess this something. I did a little Korg tube pcb too :) it was super cool.

Last edited:
In case you use the recommended modushop case: get good tools to cut the holes in the lid. It's made of steel and it's VERY tough. My ears were ringing for days after sawing and filing that stuff and it came out rather ugly too. :)

Hehe brute force!

Does it need full metal cover for rfi/noise problems or you can go with an open casket?

Tools/cnc etc im covered as I have access to a super workshop.

I do usually have some RFI noise problems with all my amps .... seems my area is rather "polluted". Full metal cover has helped every single time. Same with the Tavish. As soon as i take the lid off, noise / rfi gets worse. Still below the surface noise of the record probably.

Thanks a lot for all the help! It will be a slow process for me but Ill keep you updated!

Im in design and engineering so Id like to design a cool look for it! (Currently thinking of a design for another line preamp)
Looks is always a good psychoacoustic plus heeheh (I sometimes love snake oils)

sounds good. if you come up with a cool design for the case, let me know. maybe i'll buy one off of you to replace mine - which fits nice but the holes are a mess....

No time for a 3d model but I though I can sketch something. My free time is crazy.

I like the concept of solid black wood with a CNC milled centre part in order to accommodate a black hammond chassis.

Attachments

• IMG_3308.jpg
    IMG_3308.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 323
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.