Turntable in digital system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All, I would like to add Technics SL 1300 turntable to my system consisting of Marantz NA7004 source, miniDSP DA8 digital crossover and three power amplifiers. I have three digital input options in NA7004, therefore I was thinking of classic phono preamp + ADC, or phono preamp with USB or even SPDIF outputs. There are few preamps available - by Rega, Project and NAD that have USB outputs, but it looks like they can be used with PCs only. Can you suggest a device / setup, that I may use? Thanks

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 75
Hello,

I have an Audio Genie Pro from American Audio (now discontinued I think, available 2nd hand) but there should be others on the market, as well. It is 16-bit 48 kHz only, but has a built-in phono preamplifier (RIAA eq). There shouldn't be any difference between connecting it to a PC or to the USB input of your amplifier, both will recognize it as a generic USB sound card. Well, for the PC there are custom drivers that offer some convenience features (multi-band EQ, room simulations etc) but it works fine without them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.