Rega R200 Anti Skate Belt Replacement

Nice Job, Good idea to record it, I dare say it will spur others on that are not too confident in undertaking the job, and even though your belt wasn't broken it would only be a matter of time before it does, so doing during a rewire will save you the hassle of taking it all apart again further down the line, I look forward to watching the Video.

I started taking photos at the start, but when it came to trying to hold the new belt in, keep the A/S Dial set at zero, whilst trying to hold everything else in place, it was the last thing on my mind, and I only realised I had forgotten when the main housing was back in place.

I didn't rewire mine, but it's something I will consider should I have any problems once I get the arm mounted back and start testing, As I mentioned in the earlier post, I accidently lopped a piece off the blue wire, which did leave it too short, I managed to find another piece of blue wire, which is just a fraction bigger, so extended it the extra 1cm or so, insulated the joint, and put it back together, not one of my finest pieces of work I have to admit, but if it works ok I'll leave it for the time being.

With the arm ready to go back on, I thought I would replace the oil in the main platter bearing, there was a lot of suction pulling the Sub Platter out, and I'm still waiting for the ball bearing to fall out under it's own steam some 60 minutes later, if it hasn't dropped out by the morning, I might have to use a magnet or something to pull it out.

Here are a few photos I did take, showing the Jig I knocked up to cradle the arm, the red and Green wires had already had some insulation damage to them even before I let lose on them

Hi there, having broken anti skate belt on my old planar 3, wounderingwhere to find the youtube video you made last year?
Anders