Test LP group buy

Selecting 45 rpm is a pain on many decks and not possible on a few

Any deck where selecting 45rpm is a pain is not worth having IMO. :) Yes, a Valhalla-equipped LP12 forces you to change the belt to a differently sized pulley - I myself moved away from such a primitive system ~30 years ago.

If your current deck doesn't have a button to change speeds, you might like to consider the 'Number9' TCI or Control Freq (see here: Number 9tci - Home | Facebook).

Or there's the (dated) Mose/Hercules.

Andy

Maybe if you guys are ready to order, time to get us to start pre-paying excluding final shipping.
Or put this on kickstarter and you might get a wider audience at the cost of a commission fee for these sites off the top and a probably a setup fee. But I don’t know for sure never investigated.

In any case, bringing a product to market isn’t easy and this is voluntary and best effort so kudos to those more closely involved to even be at this point.

I’ve looking for a sealed version of this (No Artist - Audio System Test Record (Vinyl, LP, Stereo) | Discogs) probably will wait for this diy LP instead just cause.

Thanks
Paba

I only check in on this occasionally so excuse me if my suggestion has been tried and rejected but I am surprised you cannot get one of "audiophile" record sellers to want to get involved with this.

LPs do not last forever and I bet one for testing purposes could have some tracks damaged before others. There will be a need for replacements. One would think this could a steady seller - I doubt anyone would ever get stuck with leftovers.

Seems this would be something worth having on the shelf for many years to come.

Wish it had a track of white noise.

We could reanimate this project. The biggest obstacle as I see is funding. Perhaps we could initiate some kind of crowdfunding, but I haven't got any experience with it.

Some remark to the tracklist:

I checked the adjustment of my cartridge, especially the vertical alignment. Traditionally it is being checked by a mirror. You lower the cartridge onto a thin mirror and check the vertical line on the cartridge (if there is any) or its top should be parallel with the record. This is very inaccurate.
I have a test record with tracks cut at various angles respective to vertical, like 40°, 41°, ...., 45°, 46°, .... 50° in 11 tracks left channel modulated only, and same 11 tracks right channel modulated only. Minimal feedthrough from left to right (or right to left) should be present at track #6. It can be checked by ear or by an oscilloscope. 30dB @1kHz is generally a good value. The mirror method gave false setting by 2 or 3° in my case!

Such alignment tracks could also be added to our test record.