Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Test LP group buy
Test LP group buy
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th September 2018, 11:56 AM   #1581
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Test LP group buy
I'd have to go back and dig it up. It was quite affordable, as I recall.
Old 19th September 2018, 06:51 PM   #1582
spaceistheplace is offline spaceistheplace
diyAudio Member

Test LP group buy
Default Test LP group buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Whatís the all-in cost with GZ?

GZ as well as RTI came to under 20 per unit with a run of 250 at 180g, along with jackets, inserts and other bells and whistles, with some variability depending on if we can pull off a 10inch, if we want 45 and 33rpm, etc. along with mastering fees and shipping expenses.

Itís been a while like Pano said Iíll have to dig through old emails.

I think we will need a top notch mastering / plating facility as half the battle here is that mastering houses are nervous about the welfare of their pricey cutter heads cutting what we are asking for.

Again, weíll have to likely scale to harsh realities.

YouTube

We can make up for some of the limitations in the software.

Pano / Scott Wurcer can you please list completely the desired plant / playing requirements as they stand presently as well as define what kind of tolerance is acceptable to that figure? I.e. what you wanted to propose to GZ and where you thought their counter offer might land?

Last edited by spaceistheplace; 19th September 2018 at 06:58 PM.
Old 19th September 2018, 07:25 PM   #1583
diyAudio Moderator

Test LP group buy
There is a detailed answer from GZ back in post 671. Test LP group buy
Not sure how to proceed with the playlist, except to start up a dialog with them again. Maybe upload our test signals and have them tell us what they can do with them. They can also generate many of the signals we want, if we want to do that.
Old 19th September 2018, 09:35 PM   #1584
ferret is offline ferret  South Africa
diyAudio Member

In March this year I had brief contact with "The Bakery LLC" re this Test LP. This is the off-shoot of the "The Mastering Lab" who mastered LPs for Sheffield Lab.

They were curious to hear more; url: The Bakery | Audio Mastering & Vinyl Mastering

"Thanks so much for contacting us through our website. Eric is available to master your record, and when you have a chance, please let us know more about the project specs...we're always curious.

Attached is a quote for all costs associated for the LP. In terms of the specifics pertaining the pressing of the album, we don't have any say in those matters so you will have to speak with your plant directly, however we can help with recommendations."

Might be worth it.

Kevin

Last edited by ferret; 19th September 2018 at 09:37 PM. Reason: add url
Old 19th September 2018, 09:39 PM   #1585
diyAudio Moderator

Test LP group buy
I see why it's call the Bakery. The owner is Eric Boulanger.
Old 20th September 2018, 02:31 AM   #1586
JP is offline JP  United States
diyAudio Member

I know Eric. I can reach out if it helps.
Old 20th September 2018, 11:25 AM   #1587
diyAudio Moderator

Test LP group buy
Sure thing. Would love to hear what he has to say. We'd need to know what sort of levels and frequency limits he has. That might take a bit of back and forth.
Old 20th September 2018, 04:30 PM   #1588
AudioLapDance is offline AudioLapDance  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.didden View Post
Well there you go, no need for me to budge in.

What's holding you guys back?

Jan
Some one to say:

"Let's get ready to rumble!"

lets-get-ready-to-rumble.jpg

YouTube

Cheers,
Jeff
Old 28th September 2018, 12:30 AM   #1589
paba is offline paba  Canada
diyAudio Member

Question, is the software and hence A/D mandatory or can a less sophistcated user still accomplish a setup using the planned tracks or some of them at least to dial in the setup?

In the old days there were some nice tricks left combining left and right plugs at the preamp switch to mono and a achieve a null etc...and other sort of manual and phyiscal steps with the right tracks accomplish most adjustments. I guess if we are depending on the software and analysis tools then it is a different skill level and tools requirement.

For example I own a scope but not the means to digitize my vinyl play back. so I could display left and right each on a scope chanel and invert or add them overlay them to to check symmetry, etc.

This project is certainly more complex than I thought, so kuddos to you guys for your perserverance to keep at it.

Paba
Old 28th September 2018, 12:32 AM   #1590
diyAudio Moderator

Test LP group buy
I would say that yes, there are tracks that would be useful to those who can't digitize. But using software and a soundcard will take you to another level. That's an important goal of this LP.

Test LP group buyHide this!Advertise here!