DIY CLD Plinth Design--A measured Approach

Nice turntable there deadhead... Must sound nice while you listen to the Grateful Dead....

Okay, to complicate things, I found a reference to Picawood, which according to this website, is even better than Panzerholz because it uses many thinner layers of wood veneer. This product seems closer to the Ritchlite. Very confusing......
https://mockingbirddistribution.com/pyon-sound/picawood/

Hi all, I’ve been reading this thread with great interest. I’m in the process of making a LTA along the format of the Clear Audio gantry type with a niffy inspired carriage. This will mounted on a custom plinth and used with my 401. I was wondering if there has been any damping testing done on phenolic paper laminate such as Paxolin? This is readily available in the UK and considerably less expensive than densified wood.
S.

The first image is my own modified Lenco with a Permawood® plinth and Permali® ring on the original Lenco platter. The second platter atop the Lenco one is Permali® + copper. The total platter weight is nearly ten kilos. The components are CNC and laser cut.

The next two pics are of a Permali® plinth built by someone in the UK with the boards that I sent from India.

Regards ,
IMG_20240107_190928601_HDR.jpg
wA4aMjRh.jpg
kzqqqlIh.jpg