Converting a 110V 60Hz Garrard 301 to 220V 50Hz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I wonder if there is any kind soul who can share how to covert a 60Hz Garrard 301 to operate in 220V 50Hz mains?

So far, I heard is I need to acquire an "ideler wheel" or "pully" for 50Hz operation.

Would somebody who have done that before share with me links and contacts where I can purchase that "pully" and what are the other points to note.

Thanks

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
The motor runs at a speed that is loosely locked to mains frequency, so it runs slower on 50Hz mains than on 60Hz. Therefore, a 50Hz pulley is larger than a 60Hz pulley. If you have not yet solved the problem, I have a 301 50Hz pulley that you could have.

EC8010 said:
The motor runs at a speed that is loosely locked to mains frequency, so it runs slower on 50Hz mains than on 60Hz. Therefore, a 50Hz pulley is larger than a 60Hz pulley.

Thanks a lot for your enlightenment.

If you have not yet solved the problem, I have a 301 50Hz pulley that you could have.

Gladly take your offer, please let me know how to close it. If you want to talk private, email me at icefox@icered.com

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.