Klimo MM/MC Phono RIAA Head Amp Model "LAR" - Schematic wanted

Did you figure out the transformer secondaries configuration? Each channel needs a 250-0-250 and a 0-8V? So you need 5 wires for each channel?

I did, I had the wrong tranny and ordered a different one with the correct leads. Turned out the one I had ordered was for the tube power supply I think. Anyway the correct one arrived a couple weeks ago with the final few capacitors and I got it all together and turned it on and... nothing, it worked just fine! No explosions or anything! lol

And I have been listening to so many albums over again as this phono-pre is unbelievable at extracting new detail, space and air I have never heard before. I highly recommend this kit amp for an upgrade to a system!

After a month of playing, I can report that this is a more than beautiful tube phono preamp, highly recommended !!

Good Afternoon, Holco:

Can you provide a run down of the differences prior versus after changing the coupling caps on the BRZ? Also have you swapped any of the tubes and/or changed/modded any other aspect of this phono stage? In addition, have you tried different power cords to see if it responds to such? :cool:

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Kingsley.

Good Afternoon, Holco:

Can you provide a run down of the differences prior versus after changing the coupling caps on the BRZ? Also have you swapped any of the tubes and/or changed/modded any other aspect of this phono stage? In addition, have you tried different power cords to see if it responds to such? :cool:

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Kingsley.

Hi Kingsley,

I bought the BRZ phono preamp 2nd hand including the already mounted Mundorf Supreme caps so I cannot give an opinion in comparison with the standard mounted caps.

The tubes that I have put in are the Electro-Harmonix 6922 / E88CC Gold and the Philips 12AT7WC ECC81 JAN NOS Balanced, I also want to look for a replacement for the 6Z4 rectifier tube but that will be something of a 6X4 tube with a 6Z4 to 6X4 converter, or I am going to change the print track connections so that a 6X4 tube can go directly in.

As for the power cord, I use a regenerator with DIY Alpha shielded wire to the turntable, I haven't tried anything else.

Greetings,

Mario

Hi Mario:

Thanks for the info. Did not realize you had bought it used with the Mundorfs alrady in place. Reason I asked the questions is that I'm awaiting delivery of one and am looking at options/mods, of course, after using it as is for some time to get an aural picture. Good to know that one can use 6922 as replacements for the 6N11 (6N1P) tubes. Yes, the rectifier tube would be somewhat of a wild card as there may not be much ready available swaps, i.e., only Chinese tubes. The 6X4 may be more plentiful. If you plan on doing the mod, please let me know how and how it went. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my queries, I appreciated it! ;)

Sincerely,
Kingsley.

Hi Mario:

Wouldn't doubt it given that the Klimo (clone) looks to be a more well built and substantial component. I'd imagine the original if it were still being produced, it would be much more, better & cost wise, than the Project. There have been some good reviews of the Project Tube Box .DS2. I'm actually hoping this Klimo clone is on par or better than the Melos MA-333 that I'm currently using. It's not easy nor cost effective to try the majority of the phono stages available. Thanks for the perk. :D

Sincerely,
Kingsley.

Klimo Phone Preamp

Here's mine completed. I love the sound from these phono preamp. I am using Genalex tubes.

Attachments

• DSC_0163.JPG
    DSC_0163.JPG
    686.5 KB · Views: 751
  • DSC_0164.JPG
    DSC_0164.JPG
    686.7 KB · Views: 739
Good Afternoon, Mario:

Just an update. There was some sort of delivery issue/mess up with the provider (as per the vendor). So, even though the the BRZ Klimo clone phono stage arrived in the country (from what I could tell form the tracking info), it was with the delivery outlet/service, and was not delivered but sent back to the seller. Of a note was that I was never contacted by the delivery service/outlet so the reason why was unknown. :confused: Had contacted the seller to look into it but communication was slow. Had to open a dispute with AliExpress (of which AliExpress sided with me given the screenshots of the tracking details). After several inquires (and days), the seller agreed to the refund/verdict and gave the explanation above. The seller had suggested, that if I still wanted/was interested in the product, to re-buy it and that they would use another provider/delivery service. The good news it that I finally received the refund. Kind of soured with the whole experience :( - so, not likely to revisit it/this even though it has been noted by others about the good sound quality. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Kingsley.

Hi Kingsley,

What a disappointment !!

IMHO you are missing a very good sounding phono preamp.
Are there no suppliers that are more nearby?

And for your convenience, always use PayPal with these types of orders.

Greetings,

Mario

Good Afternoon, Mario:

Just an update. There was some sort of delivery issue/mess up with the provider (as per the vendor). So, even though the the BRZ Klimo clone phono stage arrived in the country (from what I could tell form the tracking info), it was with the delivery outlet/service, and was not delivered but sent back to the seller. Of a note was that I was never contacted by the delivery service/outlet so the reason why was unknown. :confused: Had contacted the seller to look into it but communication was slow. Had to open a dispute with AliExpress (of which AliExpress sided with me given the screenshots of the tracking details). After several inquires (and days), the seller agreed to the refund/verdict and gave the explanation above. The seller had suggested, that if I still wanted/was interested in the product, to re-buy it and that they would use another provider/delivery service. The good news it that I finally received the refund. Kind of soured with the whole experience :( - so, not likely to revisit it/this even though it has been noted by others about the good sound quality. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Kingsley.

Hi Mario:

Yes, disappointment for sure as I was looking forward to listening/using it. :sigh:

That Yello recording sounds very good! Nice system you have there also. :cool:

From your input and sound clip, you've kind of got me re-thinking about the BRZ. :scratch2:

No, there are no closer locations/suppliers (except maybe Hong Kong or Taiwan) in which to buy from/obtain this item. (as I'm located in Canada). It would seem as though there is maybe only one store/supplier of the complete boxed version. Yes, I did use Paypal but the Paypal system suggested to open the dispute through AliExpress (Premium). Good that I got my refund even though the process was slow.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Kingsley.