Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Bluetooth or wifi microphone for home audio
Bluetooth or wifi microphone for home audio
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th May 2017, 06:29 AM   #1
Richard_James is offline Richard_James
diyAudio Member

Default Bluetooth or wifi microphone for home audio

Looking to add microphone
I have home audio set up. Cd, aux, tape inputs on pre amp.

Are there any decent microphones/microphone preamp That I can plug into cd, tape or aux. Basically a wifi Bluetooth mic pre amp That will bring mic output to cd, tape level.
Old 15th May 2017, 01:59 AM   #2
indianajo is offline indianajo  United States
diyAudio Member

What are you going to record?
Voice the standard is the Shure SM58. Works best with the mike 1" from the mouth, and screens out all other instruments with the super-cardioid pattern. Requires significant gain, signal is rather low. Most PA manufacturers offer a 4 input mixer that will do this.
Acoustic string instruments? Cheapest accurate area coverage mike I know is the Shure KSM27. It is a condensor cardiode mike so it records to the front, 4' to 20'. Some people use MXL, Blue Yeti, Shure low price (low quality control) mikes, etc. I don't see them on television, the local music shows. I see the first two. Condensor mikes require phantom power, +24 to +48 DC, on the XLR connector, supplied by the mixer above. Condensor mikes put out 1-2 v. The mixer can handle this. Dynamic mikes do NOT need phantom power and individual switches for phantom power on or off on the channels helps you record a band with both vocals & instruments with mixed dynamic and condensor mikes.
Non-musical voice? Any old dynamic mike will do.
Bluetooth is a link. Since bluetooth is mostly for out, device to ear, I'm a little vague what you are doing with it. PA equipment has their own standard radio links in the business band.
Old 16th May 2017, 06:17 PM   #3
Richard_James is offline Richard_James
diyAudio Member

I am not gonna do any recording. This is a set up for small venue bar restaurant. It will have home audio gear for 80% of the use. AnD some pro speakers.
Sometimes theRe will be speaches or presentations. Ideally a microphone is wireless.
Signal is sent to bluetooth wifi receiver and feed aux, cd or tape input on the receiver
Old 16th May 2017, 07:40 PM   #4
DF96 is offline DF96  England
R.I.P.

You may be better buying some semi-pro wireless mikes like Sennheiser or Shure. These will include diversity reception so you don't get dropouts as the person speaking moves around.
  Reply to this post

Bluetooth or wifi microphone for home audioHide this!Advertise here!