Digital Tachometer for record player (LCD display)

You can test the sensor output by holding a magnet over it and a voltmeter between ground and the sensor output. It should be high with no magnet, +4.5v or so, and with the magnet over it drops to about .5v. The other thing to check is the sensor is polarity sensitive to the magnet, try turning the magnet around and try again.
Good luck.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
thanks the both of you. I have my pins correct. I think I've narrowed it down too my ability to smd solder. I'll try another this weekend

Would something like this work as an alternative

Hall Effect Magnetic Sensor Module, 3144E A3144 Hall Effect Sensor KY-003 DC 5V for Arduino PIC AVR Smart Cars by MUZHI(6 Pcs) https://a.co/d/6cXDM7M
Yes i believe it should

A couple months back I laid out a PCB for the Hall sensor, 12mm x 15mm, using the Diode Inc. AH3376-SA-7 at $0.63 each, the PCBs were $5 for 10 pieces. So a little over $1 per sensor board. Last night I got a chance to test it. I don't find that is works any better than the Littlefuse 55100-3H-02-A, but it is a tenth the cost.

Thanks for the really cool project to all of those involved! finally finished!!
PXL_20230103_020555937~2.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Getting back to my turntable project - SG4 and MA3D with the intended motor to replace the motor on my LENCO. Only thing left is the idler arm!

I have greatly improved where I was when I put this aside to work on my loudspeakers but there is still a slow drift in speed and I would like to try the ARDUINO to stabilize this. The width of the drift is less than 1 rpm.

I am using ROADRUNNER to monitor speed - what I am wondering is whether the ROADRUNNER sensor could drive both the ROADRUNNER and the ARDUINO or will I need to use two separate sensors?

Hoping the great PYRAMID is still looking here.

Thanks and take care.

AIWA AP2400 MODIFIED WITH DIGITAL TACHOMETER AND ARM LIFT WITH SERVO.
Hello. Looking around the forum, I found this thread.
I always wanted to make a turntable with a digital tachometer.
I show you a crazy thing that I did with an Aiwa turntable from the year 1980 direct transmission, which made the plinth with MDF, removed the power supply and speed control and placed it in a separate box. I added a digital tachometer with arduino, and also with arduino driving a servomotor and relay I made an arm lift at the end of the vinyl with engine shutdown.
I have tried to upload the tachometer and servo files. I haven't managed to do it.

Attachments

• IMG_20230206_141835.jpg
    IMG_20230206_141835.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 50