Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

DIY 4 Phase Sinewave Generator for Turntable Motor Drive
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th August 2018, 09:40 PM   #681
Seth Hensel is offline Seth Hensel  United States
diyAudio Member

17 boards shipping out tomorrow morning.

1. Project is most certainly not expiring.

2. Have boards to ship. Let me know. I’ll invoice you through PayPal.

3. I’ll maintain the above noted pricing for this batch. However, the envelope option is no longer available. If you ordered and paid for the envelope, that will ship as ordered tomorrow. The box is vastly superior, and considerably less work for me. The envelope is not designed for this use.

4. I misstated the class of delivery. It wil be Priority, not First Class.
Old 5th August 2018, 10:28 PM   #682
diyAudio Member

Make that 21 board shipping tomorrow.

Price will rise with next batch. Despite my best efforts to capture all costs, i am nowhere near at the current rate. I will still donate my time, but need to capture PayPal fees, packing materials, and shipping. I will compensate Pyramid for his cost to ship to me as well. That will be amortized into the price going forward.

Will still be a great deal for a project available nowhere else.

Last edited by Seth Hensel; 5th August 2018 at 10:39 PM.
Old 5th August 2018, 10:57 PM   #683
acg is offline acg  Australia
diyAudio Member

Seth, just add a bit to mine tomorrow to move closer to break even. I hate to think that yourself and Pyramid are subsidising my hobby and I do very much appreciate your efforts.
Old 5th August 2018, 11:51 PM   #684
diyAudio Member

Very kind of you to offer. My heads up reads like a whine. I’m doing fine. Amazed actually at the volume of interest. Will be placing another order for a sleeve of 25 chips this week.
Old 6th August 2018, 11:56 AM   #685
diyAudio Member

Please note that I am handling domestic USA sales of the programmed SG4 chip only.

All inquiries outside the USA should be directed to Ralphcooke. Ralph also sells the Oshpark boards. I currently do not.

Pyramid is the intellectual property owner. All requests for quantities greater than 3 should be directed to him. Once approved, i will invoice.

Please do not do end runs around the PayPal invoice system. The surprising volume of orders presents a number of challenges. Here’s the procedure:

1. PM me.
2. I’ll give you my email.
3. You’ll confirm the number of boards requested AND your PayPal address.
4. I send you an invoice.
5. You pay that invoice.
6. Boards ship the following Monday morning.
7. There may be a lag between shipments from Digi-Key. I was not expecting to ship 21 boards in the first week of doing this. If this happens, i will let you know in advance.
Old 9th August 2018, 02:45 PM   #686
wa4htz is offline wa4htz  United States
diyAudio Member

Seth, I got my chip in yesterday's mail. Thank you very much for handling distribution for the US. This project couldn't have come along at a better time for me because now my LP12 needs to be "push started". I really feel it is better to be able to take advantage of modern electronic technology than trying to repair the late 1970's or early '80's design of the Valhalla.
Thank you again to Bill for designing this and making it available to us DIYers.

Ken
Old 9th August 2018, 02:53 PM   #687
diyAudio Member

Ken -

You are most welcome.

Everyone -

Pyramid turned the latest sleeve of 25 around and expect it in Tampa today or tomorrow. Have adequate inventory to meet demand.
Old 9th August 2018, 02:56 PM   #688
diyAudio Member

Ken -

You are most welcome.

Everyone -

Pyramid turned the latest sleeve of 25 around and expect it in Tampa today or tomorrow. Have adequate inventory to meet demand.
Old 9th August 2018, 05:13 PM   #689
AnalogMind is offline AnalogMind  Spain
diyAudio Member

Hi gents,

New to this thread.

First of all, thanks to Bill (Pyramid) for his efforts and for sharing his knowledge. Truly remarkable. And thanks to all who are collaborating. I feel I have learnt a few things reading this thread.

And a good idea also to keep the OP updated with relevant information.

I will PM Ralphfcooke for a chip and a SG4 board.

My idea is to build an SG4 and a Tachometer for a Rega P25, 115VAC Premotec motor.
Old 23rd August 2018, 09:42 AM   #690
ZUM911 is offline ZUM911  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

I've put together my 3 boards from AshPark and one has an issue with the LED display. Along the top of all the segments are not lighting up. I've compared the working and non-working boards and pin 15 on U3 shows no voltage on the faulty display board and on the good board I'm getting a voltage. I had a spare 74HC595 and swapped it in on the faulty board and go the same results. I suppose I could have 2 bad U3 chips but it seems unlikely.

Any suggestions? Oh, I also swapped around the uP and nothing changed.

Thanks
Rick

DIY 4 Phase Sinewave Generator for Turntable Motor DriveHide this!Advertise here!