Post your Analogue Source pics here

Same motor... yes a spacer..... to lift the point where the belt acts on the platter.

The copper pulley has much more mass ( I had to find a way of supporting the motor spindle because of it ) .. the extra mass makes the pulley much more stable and eliminates any tendency for it to wobble. It sits with just an interference fit on the shaft.. no fixings.

Looks nice as well ! .. I am going to get it gold plated to keep it from tarnishing so quickly.

Yes nice!
I like the look of freshly machined copper, but it doesn't last too long.
I was intrigued by your use of spikes rather than pads.
I like spikes to look at as they create a clean minimilist look but the common wisdom seems that they don't readily transmit resonances. That being said, I doubt there is much exiting your turntable.

Regards John L.

I like spikes to look at as they create a clean minimilist look but the common wisdom seems that they don't readily transmit resonances. That being said, I doubt there is much exiting your turntable.

Regards John L.

I have not measured it but I think that there is close enough to zero resonances because the only contact between the platter and its bearing is the film of oil .Because it is a fully maglev bearing there is no point of contact to transmit noise.

The feet are interesting in that they are cups and spikes that are adjustable for height. The cup is the bottom element and it is that that I have sat on sorbothane pads 15mm thick.... it is the pads that do the damping..... I don't rely on the spikes for anything much.

I did use ( ebay ,Chinese ) maglev feet but , a ) I needed 6 of them to support the weight of the deck and , b ) I don't believe that they are in any way true maglev feet. They , I think , are magnetically assisted spring damped. They also only moved in one plane so were not really suitable to damp out the real world vibrations met by the deck in every day usage.

rebuild my dad's thorens

Hi,

Not as nice as those in the previous posts (envy…) but nice. Basically rebuild my dad's Thorens td166 mk2. Turned out pretty nice. Lost one of the sockets in the tonearm while rewiring but replaced it with cartridge clips to keep the arm dividable.

Oops now I have two great turntables. Still prefer the project for looks but kepp wondering what the sonata would do on the Thorens in stead of the black.

Joris

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    935.5 KB · Views: 1,446
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    882.4 KB · Views: 1,432
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 1,382
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    910.9 KB · Views: 1,373
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    924.9 KB · Views: 1,352
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    634.5 KB · Views: 695
Updated ... modified the plinth size, the motor pod housing and the pulley changed to solid copper ( instead of aluminium )

Arm modified to micrometer VTA adjustment.

You cant see them in the picture but changed the feet from maglev to points resting on sorbothane pads.

Hey Deadhead;
Nice work.
Why did you change from Maglev to points? I'm looking at installing a set of maglev feet. What is the downside?
And what tone arm are you using?
Cheers.Glenn

Hey Deadhead;
Nice work.
Why did you change from Maglev to points? I'm looking at installing a set of maglev feet. What is the downside?
And what tone arm are you using?
Cheers.Glenn

Hi... I did comment on the maglev supports in post #43.

To recap...I am not sure that they are ( in fact ) true maglev supports. There maybe a bit of mag assist on a spring system ( hard to tell unless I cut into one .. and they seem impossible to dismantle )

More importantly.. they only damp in one plane...and that is vertically. They have no movement in any other plane and as such are not fit for the task of supporting a turntable. IMO.

The arm is an Audiomods arm. Effectively a Rega armtube only and everything else custom manufactured around it. Audiomods tonearms and tonearm kits

Last edited:
Привет Гленн. Это больше похоже на SX 1500. но ось имеет магнитную опору. Тонарм реплика Piter Riggle. Это мои работы. Более подробно это можно посмотреть в галерее "А ля Шредер" С уважением Эдуард.

Attachments

• f 003.jpg
    f 003.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 631
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    564.1 KB · Views: 678
Привет эдвард;
I like the way you think. I have just finished an SX 8000 copy. It is based on a meg-lev platter and a VPI motor. I am part way through making a Reed 3P tone arm. It can be seen on the left. See the YouTube

Cheers; Glenn

Attachments

• 73s.jpg
    73s.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 527
  • 72s.jpg
    72s.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 591
  • 70s.jpg
    70s.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 659
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
У меня тонарм реплика P IMG_0375.JPG (607,1 КБ)
IMG_0394.JPG (757,8 КБ)
IMG_0397.JPG (639,5 КБ)
IMG_0404.JPG (458,6 КБ)
ete Riggle

Attachments

• IMG_0375.JPG
    IMG_0375.JPG
    607.1 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_0394.JPG
    IMG_0394.JPG
    757.8 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_0397.JPG