Jensen JT-44K-DX MC Step-up loading doubt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I eliminated the same effect (this peak or overshot) with a zobel network in secundary winding.

My SUT is a different Jensen trafo and determinate the zobel is not easy like a cooking recipe... is also different.Is empirical.

Try.

Now my TT sound without sibilance.Very neutral.... and I like it.

Cheers

In my poor opinion the jt-44K is better in all as my Jt-115.

My SUT have about 1:7 in the range but the roll-off go up quicky (up and down) .But they are cheap.

The JT-44 seems more better for a SUT use, his relation is near as 1:10... and the range is also better.The roll-off are far.

Cheers

If you put 10 ohm resistor in parallel to the output of generator then you connect a good ac millivoltmeter you can set the output to 1mV at 1Khz.
then connect the primary of trafo to 10 ohm resistor and the secondary with a female pin jack.
In parallel to secondary try to connect a p.e. 150 pf ( you can increase later) in series with a 10k trimmer set as reostat.
Then you can connect a phono cable you normally use, at the end connect it to phono with a T adapter because you have to monitor exactly at the input , in this way you have all the variables inserted on circuit.
After that, you can use a probe with 1:10 even the signal is very low, take attention on groud loop and it is better to use a metal case.
With the reostat you can change the resistance in serie with cap to find the right response, always at 1 KHz. The you can check with other frequency
Regarding the trafo at low frequency became important the auto inductance ( and Rdc) and this is related to the quality of the stuff same about the high frequencies where came out parasitics.
In both end the Z reflected to primary will change and the theoretical 470 ohm ( for 1:10 ratio) remain theoric.

Walter

Last edited:
Step Up Tranny Questions

I have some probably stupid questions but need to ask. I am using an Audio Technica ART9 MC Cartridge with 0.5mv output / 15-50kHz freq range / recommended load impedence of 100 Ohms.

It will be plugged into a Dynaco PAS4 MM input which has a tube phono stage and requires a minimum 1.0mv / Phono Gain 40db / Phono Overload 500mv / Input Impedence 47K shunted by 10pf.

Can someone answer a few couple of basic questons:

1. Which would be better - a SUT with 1:2 turns = 1mv output OR 1:20 turns = 10mv output?

2. Which model of Jensen JT-44K-DX would be best suited?

3. Is there any other components that need to be added to the trannies other than input and output RCA connectors?

4. If the trannies are rated less than the 15-50K freq response (let's say 28-68Khz - will this hinder the performance?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help out!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.