The Incredible Technics SP-10 Thread

Hi ,
I bought a fantastic condition sp10 mk2 last week,it came with a running spare sp10 which is in poor cosmetic condition. It differs to the good one by having a red LED on the start/stop button and a sticker on the bottom cover has an X after SP10 mk2.
Does anyone have any info on this model please?
I must have seen about 200 SP-10MK2's here in the UK, none had any led in the start/stop.

i decided to take some shots of the pcb's
the first thing i noticed was a resistors been added here.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0055.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0055.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 176
Hi JP,
Yes you are correct,with the remote jack removed the LED light goes on and off when the start/stop button is pressed but the TT doesn't spin,putting the jack back in and the TT spins. Is this some crude work around to replace something?

No, sounds like a master console lockout or something similar. It may be that the remote jack can still facilitate remote s/s as well, but no way I can tell with out a schematic.

the first thing i noticed was a resistors been added here.

Your connector is unusual and different from the stock one like mine ... even my connector had resistors attached to the back, the cables were connected to a button and the start / stop button.
I can confirm that it was a Matsushita commissioned adaptation and is not a DIY; a turntable similar to mine produced the same year/month and day and with very close serial numbers owned by an Australian (I reside in Europe) had the exact same modification.
I think it was used to turn the strobe light on or off independently of the start/stop button.

4.JPG
8.JPG
13.JPG
3.JPG

had a couple of days free to make a panzerholz plinth for mine,my main turntable is a sony tts-8000 so i was keen to compare.
just finished setting the sp10 up and im impressed. not a huge difference but there is one for sure,i get the cd like comments often made on forums,im also hearing a more detailed focus, again not huge. so far so good. once i get used to it i'll finish the plinth.

thumbnail_IMG_0083.jpg

had a couple of days free to make a panzerholz plinth for mine,my main turntable is a sony tts-8000 so i was keen to compare.
just finished setting the sp10 up and im impressed. not a huge difference but there is one for sure,i get the cd like comments often made on forums,im also hearing a more detailed focus, again not huge. so far so good. once i get used to it i'll finish the plinth.
That looks pretty sweet Jamie, you have a super mint deck there !
And is that the Phonomac tweaked Audio Technica arm ?
Looks wise Im well into the arm and am curious as to how it sounds ....?