connecting a turntable to a fancy TV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All, registered so I could ask a question. My sister wants to get her partners turntable running as a surprise for christmas, and wants to run it through a tv. the player is a jvc quartz lock turntable ql-a2, just RCA out the back, the tv is Specs - LED TV UN46C5000QF | Samsung TVs.

She went to bay-bloor radio and bought a Phono Solutions PS1 RIAA phono preamplifier, put tab a in slot b and nothing happens. I'm not there so I can't fiddle with the tv settings. anyone have any experience or brilliant things to say?

looking at page 9 of the manual, it looks like Stuey's got the answer.

Yes drilling down through the menu levels on some of the current smart TVs to set up multiple input sources can be fun - wait til you get a surround receiver, BD player, Apple TV and HD cable TV box involved ( I count a total of 5 remotes, not including the gas fireplace ;))

Joe- it's just getting harder to choose "less"

but wait, there's more - who wants to volunteer to surf the bleeding edge of the latest technology, like Sony's new 4K etc at over $20K for a big screen home TV - which in less than 5 yrs will probably be replaced by ... direct cranial implants or...?

hello, holodeck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.