Cheap and fake-prologic processor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No reason to go into WHY I want to try this, but I have had an idea for a few years about extracting a "center channel" from a normal stereo signal using opamps or buffers, but my brain just "short circuits" when I try to figure out how to put it all together.

I would like to create a center channel that consist of only the signal that is exactly the same in both left and right channel. Then I want to make a left signal that consist of the left signal MINUS the center channel, and a right channel that consists of the right signal MINUS the center channel.

I found the TI OPA3692 that seemed like a good candidate for the job, but I can not figure out the logical flow of the signal. I feel that I will have some weird sort of loop somewhere making this an impossible thing to do.

What do you think... is it possible?

Attachments

• center.PNG
    center.PNG
    11.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
No reason to go into WHY I want to try this, but I have had an idea for a few years about extracting a "center channel" from a normal stereo signal using opamps or buffers, but my brain just "short circuits" when I try to figure out how to put it all together.

I would like to create a center channel that consist of only the signal that is exactly the same in both left and right channel. Then I want to make a left signal that consist of the left signal MINUS the center channel, and a right channel that consists of the right signal MINUS the center channel.

I found the TI OPA3692 that seemed like a good candidate for the job, but I can not figure out the logical flow of the signal. I feel that I will have some weird sort of loop somewhere making this an impossible thing to do.

What do you think... is it possible?

What you want to accomplish can easily be realized with simple op-amp summer and subtractor circuits. A quick Google search will quickly give you the basics.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.