DIY linear tonearm

@warrjon just wandering how your build is coming along. The last we saw were those beautiful CNC parts.
S.

I've been away sailing so nothing has happened in my world. I'm going to see Kev on Saturday he has a few wheels made for me to test. We are getting there slowly. The bridge is drawn up in CAD and the rail carriers are made.

Truepoint has closed it's website so we had the axles ground and polished locally. The finish on them is mirror but they did cost $85 each x 4 so not cheap.

Thanks for the link Mike, I’ll see if there is any info on that thread about phenolic paper boards. A lot more affordable, £25 per sheet at my local electrical shop. I even think toolstation stock it (UK). I agree, there must be an affordable DIY approach to plinth building. After all Permali and the like, were not conceived to be damping panels it’s just lucky for the audio community that they do possess intrinsic damping properties.
S.

My SP10 plinth is Permalli (similar to Panzerholtz) it has fantastic damping properties. I tested the SP10 motor in the previous resin/bentonite plinth and then when I swapped it to the Permalli. The Permalli had 20dB less energy above 200Hz in an impulse test.

Reactions: 1 users