A brilliant Mounting template for an SME Tonearm. Not A vendor Post

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys
I stumbled across this template on ebay and thought it was a better alternative to the paper templates out there.
I bought this from Andreas who goes under the ebay seller name of "mac.labs" search for SME mounting template or search his seller name.
I had made some extra arm boards so i stacked them 3 high to get the mounting template flush with the arm board. You then just trace the cutouts for the tonearm and mounting holes.It even has the centre points for drilling provided do you just cant get it wrong. Its dead simple.
Andreas can make them for a few different versions of the SME so stipulate this when you contact him.
I am in no way connected with him other than I think this is simply a brilliant template and people who mount SME arms could benefit.
I had nothing but good dealings with Andreas and got my template sent to me quickly.
I hope this helps the SME junkies out there.
Nick

Attachments

• sme1.jpg
    sme1.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 962
  • sme2.JPG
    sme2.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 891
  • sme3.JPG
    sme3.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 1,247
  • sme4.JPG
    sme4.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 850
Last edited:
check out the second picture on the first post

That is true of any of the templates is it not?
I made 3 armboards and just got long M6 bolts to mount it such that the template is then level with the arm board you wish to mark.
None of the template methods are perfect but this one as I said allows you to mark the holes and cut outs with a lot more accuracy than a paper template that may or may not have been scaled properly when printed. Om the Thorens it was ok to do it this way but you might not have the arm boards to do this.
At least contact Andreas and converse with him.
Hope this helps
Nick

Thorens TD 124

On the TD 124, the armboard is considerably lower than the top of the platter. I doubt the one pictured would work, but perhaps I will ask if he has a TD 124 version.

That is true of any of the templates is it not?
I made 3 armboards and just got long M6 bolts to mount it such that the template is then level with the arm board you wish to mark.
None of the template methods are perfect but this one as I said allows you to mark the holes and cut outs with a lot more accuracy than a paper template that may or may not have been scaled properly when printed. Om the Thorens it was ok to do it this way but you might not have the arm boards to do this.
At least contact Andreas and converse with him.
Hope this helps
Nick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.