Masterpiece

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thanks you all guys for your contribution so far.
I am uploading the latest schematic.
ONLY one RIAA required. Pretty cool.

Frans, I will have to try your Servo Solution on the circuit.
I tried it yesterday but it wasn't working.

Attachments

• FULLY BALANCE.JPG
    FULLY BALANCE.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 118
I also wondered why you didn't remove one of the RIAA networks. I would convert R17 into 2 resistors i series and ground the middle connection of these 2 resistors to gnd.

I just did.
do you want to ground the series of resistor at the center?
What advantage would you think you would get by doing that?
To me leaving it floating is more immune to noise just an idea.

just a question:

on the servo that feeds the input, isn't this going to affect loading on the cartridge?

Let's say, ideal loading on the cartridge is 100ohm, then each side should have 200ohm.
Now with the resistor in series aren't we creating asymmetric condition for the cartridge to work off from?

Stefanoo do you feel confident..??

I actually do really like this I am just wondering if we would like to work on the current mirrors and output buffer eventually.
I feel like ouput stage could be selected better.

I will do some listening tests with the Kelvin's buffer and see if it sounds any better than the simple one and eventually include it on the common schematic.

just a question:

on the servo that feeds the input, isn't this going to affect loading on the cartridge?

Let's say, ideal loading on the cartridge is 100ohm, then each side should have 200ohm.
Now with the resistor in series aren't we creating asymmetric condition for the cartridge to work off from?

There is 100 Ohm both sides, as that was in your original drawing, there is no problem if you halve the resistor values (3 x 50 and 2 x 100 Ohm) the servo will still work, and the servo output filter will go from 1.5 to 3 Hz (and that is fine too).

But why not leave the 200 Ohm 'standard' loading, and add a resistor of 200 Ohm in parallel to the cartridge to get 100 Ohm loading, by providing a place to add this loading resistor it is easy to change to loading by changing just one resistor, and you can go from 200 Ohm to (almost) zero (we must allow for trace and wiring resistance).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.