After measuring the Transistor ive got from Frans
i got

HFE BC337-40 BC327-40
420...............3x....................................1x
430...............7x....................................2x
440...............8x....................................4x
450..............10x....................................9x
460..............11x..................................15x
470................8x...................................30x !
480................9x...................................27x !
490..............10x..................................10x
500................3x
510...............13x
520...............12x
530................4x
257......................................................1x
289................1x

Measured on duewi DMT7977

The question now is witch to drop where ? :confused:

Last edited:
After measuring the Transistor ive got from Frans
i got

HFE BC337-40 BC327-40
420...............3x.............................. ......1x
430...............7x.............................. ......2x
440...............8x.............................. ......4x
450..............10x.............................. ......9x
460..............11x.............................. ....15x
470................8x............................. ......30x !
480................9x............................. ......27x !
490..............10x.............................. ....10x
500................3x
510...............13x
520...............12x
530................4x
257............................................... .......1x
289................1x
Maybe it would be a good idea to start a transistor trading thread.
I have already traded some with Joachim with great result, got a lot of good pairs out of it.:)

I wonder if its possiple to buy the siliconepad as a sheet, so i can put one piece to cover the whole surface?

Kerafol 86/83 in my case

Yes I did cut a strip of a load I got. No problem realy fitting it tiny tiny litle bit of therm grease just to stick them there.

One can first Fit midle transistor on sink set to board, place second transistor hold in place take lot out, clamp repeat for 3, .... once al done Just weld in place altrought the welding part has been frown upon a while ago If you find that you will also find picture of clamping device

In which case line up transistors on board, solder then fit sink and clamp even 4 years old can do that

Clamping device I can sell you for £42 or you can look at picture and buy one for £3.50 :D

Got **** load from Keratherm minimum order qty aplies got 550 X350 mm sheet. do not bother with cut shapes as they charge (rape) for tooling as well

I cut strips of 19 mm so can do TO3P TO247 and TO220 by changing orientation of pack.

By the way before you do all this the TO3 close to sink need to go in and have shorth legs or they touch the sink ;)

Last edited:
you already have 8 nice pairs at hfe490 for the inputs of both boards.:)

Fine by me but Hi Hfe especialy there on inputs is beterer.

I do not have mine so far but I got a stash from Fairchild and Hfe was sky hi on those.

So question: how do you measure them?

Distribution of Hfe values in theory shuld be a bell shape shape on graph paper where midle ground Hfe got more transistors but this if one get full batch

Last edited:
question How do you mesure them?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????
firs you connect one with hfe490 in one channel, and the mentioned unit in the other, and then compare general funktionality of the two channels:D

Hey I make the jokes here!

No seriously You need to act al grown up and get spelling done proper othervise no one takes you seriously and all you post get dismissed out of hand and even if one is way far ahead in time whit legit questions get ..........;)

Enough of that back to village idiot mode
How do you know first one is 490 then?

If you don' t have litle Atlas unit consider getting one othervise one can calculate delta V against delta I and get Hfe, or sumthink like that (tought was posh to use delta in a sentence) and once one done that there was litle circuit to match transistors a while back.

So stop now othervise we hate you forever:D:D:D
No not realy