My version of an Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

Pictures

Hey Tiger,
You should be able to post pictures of your project here on DIYAudio.
Just click on the "Go Advanced" button below the quick reply box.

Once on Advanced Reply, you should see a paperclip icon above the typing box.
Click on that, and you should be able to CHOOSE files on your computer and UPLOAD those files to DIYAudio, that are then attached to your message.
Would love to see your pics here, for those that aren't AudioKarma members.
B B

Completed my 'build' today, thanks to BBFTX and all the others on this thread for the inspiration. First of all, my cleaner pails in comparison to the others on this thread, however, I wanted to share my experience with others - who like me, may be DIY challenged!:). I started with a 40 kHz cleaner and the parts list from BBFTX, drilling is not a forte of mine, so for the brackets attached to the cleaner I used 'metal on metal' glue, so far so good. The spindle was a nightmare!, although I live in Dallas, the only metal supply store I found did not sell 'drill rods', so I resorted to a wooden dowel, it worked initially but then it would not grip and turn. The solution, an extendable car aerial glued to the motor spindle and tape around the aerial to grip the records, also used gang box covers as label covers. After all this does it work? Previously I have used a spin clean and a home made vacuum using vpi parts, results were amazing, I used the ultrasonic on a 'meet the Beatles' that always had additional clicks and pops, did it remove them all, no, was the difference noticeable yes! I then moved onto a few columbia 6 eye recordings- amazing, from my limited experience the older the wax (deeper grooves) the better the results.

Pipe Threads

Fukinagashi,
The threads in that valve are pipe threads. You use the size of the valve (⅜") to specify the thread. The actual thread dimensions are much bigger than ⅜", but that is how pipe fittings are designated.

So, what you need to get is an adapter to mate the threaded valve to a hose barb. 6mm hose should correspond to ¼". The descriptor is:
Brass Hose Adapter, 1/4" Barb x 3/8" Male Pipe

I've attached a photo of the part you're looking for, and here is an example listing on Amazon US.

Cheers,
B B

Fukinagashi,
The threads in that valve are pipe threads. You use the size of the valve (⅜") to specify the thread. The actual thread dimensions are much bigger than ⅜", but that is how pipe fittings are designated.

So, what you need to get is an adapter to mate the threaded valve to a hose barb. 6mm hose should correspond to ¼". The descriptor is:

I've attached a photo of the part you're looking for, and here is an example listing on Amazon US.

Cheers,
B B

Fukinagashi,

Cheers,
B B

This is very confusing. Can you pick one identity and stick with it?

Here is a protoypal microfiltering system.
As bbftx suggested it has been based on a Ulka pump recovered from an old coffee machine.
The problem is that many light particles float after the washing cycle and removing the records results in what you can see in the last figure below.
I then created a branch of the inlet pipe to suck floating particles from the surface of the water but the suction seems too weak, forcing me to manually move the pipe in between records.
Is there anyone who definitely solved this problem?

Skimming

Hi Fukinagashi,
I love the clear pump housing! It increases the entertainment value of a URC setup. :)

At the end of the day, some things are just easier to do manually, rather than trying to automate. And I think surface skimming is one of those things. I've taken to using the outlet flow from the pump/filter recirculation to rinse off the line of floaters that may show up on the LP. Then, I just use a fine mesh net to skim the surface of the tank. Takes just a few seconds.

I've looked at various skimmers, but unless you get a super large URC, there just isn't room to situate one in the tank. I also don't know how long such a skimmer would last under long term ultrasonic action.

The $1.29 aquarium net is how I chose to go.
Cheers,
B B