Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

My version of an Ultrasonic Record Cleaner
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th August 2014, 04:10 PM   #751
tomhail is offline tomhail  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VibratoLLC View Post
The cavitation you see when the tank is empty is without a load. Although you don't see the ripples in the water, it is normal because there is now a load, and the vinyl records are now absorbing and reflecting the vibrations.
Here is a video I posted on YouTube of an electric razor head being cleaned (at 51khz), and although you can not see the cavitation, it is absolutely there. Watch as the dirt and oils move thru the water/soap solution.
Vibrato Cleaning an Electric Razor - YouTube

All the best,
Louis
Vibrato, LLC.
Thanks Louis for the education. I've been super happy with the Vibrato unit I bought form you.
Old 29th August 2014, 02:01 AM   #752
Zg925 is offline Zg925  United States
diyAudio Member

For those who are not so DIY savy, the following on Epay and one of Louis's Vibrato cleaners and your set.
Ultrasonic Vinyl Record Cleaning Kit | eBay
Old 29th August 2014, 02:52 AM   #753
cmhuff is offline cmhuff  United States
diyAudio Member

Looks like they need a little more space between the records. I seem to have better results with at least 1" spacers.

What do you think Louis? Is more space better or does it matter as long as there is at least some room in between the records?
Old 29th August 2014, 09:45 PM   #754
bbftx is offline bbftx  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zg925 View Post
For those who are not so DIY savy, the following on Epay and one of Louis's Vibrato cleaners and your set.
Ultrasonic Vinyl Record Cleaning Kit | eBay
I like the magnetic coupler they're using to mount the spindle! I'm trying to ID the part. There are magnetic bit holders that might work, or magnetic disc couplers. The former are cheap, the latter much more expensive.

B B
Old 30th August 2014, 12:12 AM   #755
diyAudio Member

BB. This is what I've sourced for parts and magnets. I think the parts below would work. The guy definitely sourced from Servo City. It looks like he is using a standard 6" 1/4" bolt for the spindle.
Cylinders
https://www.servocity.com/html/round...l#.VAEHOGt5mSM
http://www.servocity.com/html/1_2__b...l#.VAEHy2t5mSM
http://www.servocity.com/html/0_770_...l#.VAEIGGt5mSM
Old 30th August 2014, 04:01 PM   #756
Carlp is offline Carlp  United States
diyAudio Member

Wow, great resources Ag925. Thanks. As soon as I saw your post with the magnet system I thought that would be the way I'd go.
Old 30th August 2014, 04:04 PM   #757
ebuzz is offline ebuzz  United States
diyAudio Member

Not sure I understand how this magnet system would work and exactly what would be needed. Would this system work with the motor in bbfx's parts list?
Old 30th August 2014, 07:55 PM   #758
diyAudio Member

The shaft on the 5 RPH Herbach Rademan is only 1/8" where as the shaft shown on the 1 RPM Ebay model is either 6mm or 1/4". (Any one know of a 1/4" shafted 5 RPH motor?) For simplicity in design the direct attached method like the Ebay one would seem the way to go. However I suspect that the downward weight of 4 records, the record caddy and the drive components on the end of the motor shaft would eventually exert a premature failure of the motor bearings or shaft or both. To my mind have a supported drive shaft with the motor on one end and the attachment plate on the other would be a better alternative in the long run. In the link below figures 6 & 24 show a double bearing supported shaft and figures 5 & 12 show a single bearing supported shaft. (BTW I am not associated with any products mentioned in any of my posts)
Like BBFTX I am also very intrigued by the use of magnets in the setup.
https://www.servocity.com/html/1_50_...l#.VAIV-2t5mSM
Old 10th September 2014, 03:06 PM   #759
JRKO is offline JRKO
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to JRKO
I'm having trouble locating a 60khz in the UK. Can anyone help?
Old 11th September 2014, 05:48 PM   #760
Jay1234 is offline Jay1234  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Location: Way up North, In Newcastle haven't seen the Sun for days
I couldn't find any either !!!

My version of an Ultrasonic Record CleanerHide this!Advertise here!