May I have your ideas for this opamp>LCR>opamp>tube>output transformer phono stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Why not add a 10k volume control in front of the tube section and use it as a line preamp to drive your power amp directly. In other words, have the IC section as a stand alone phono stage and the tube section as a line stage. Looks like they are physically separated in your project anyway. The YouTube videos sound nice but where are the shots showing the preamp? Have fun with your project.

I have some questions: what is the LCR component between the IC stages? What is the purpose of the tube and the output transformer? (Or what is the purpose of the IC stages, in other words why not full tube or full IC design?)

LCR is a RIAA equalization passive network consists of L:inductor C:capacitor and R:resistor. Opamp has some advantages and vacuum tube also has some advantages I would like to get it all so I use both. ;)

Why not add a 10k volume control in front of the tube section and use it as a line preamp to drive your power amp directly. In other words, have the IC section as a stand alone phono stage and the tube section as a line stage. Looks like they are physically separated in your project anyway. The YouTube videos sound nice but where are the shots showing the preamp? Have fun with your project.

I have already had CD player + pre amp + power amp system and I am new at record playing that is the reason why I built this phono stage. This phono stage consists of both IC and tube section working all together and because of the tube section used to be my headphone amp so you can see them like they are physically separated but it will be finished in one piece box with another piece of power supply box. The sound of YouTube videos was recorded directly from this phono stage to mic port of notebook computer via mini to mini cable (I used a notebook computer to record these videos). Thank you. :D

Last edited:
The back panel of the phono box. ^ ^

6347676734_1c9f083b4e_b.jpg

The 2 boxes version phono preamp has been finished. ^ ^

6446293715_d71d9b68c2_b.jpg

6446293177_6866fc94c8_b.jpg

6446291875_9f32efba90.jpg

May I know what should I do if I would like to hear no hum (deadly quiet) while fully up volume at preamp. Kindly advise please... Thank you :cheers:

What I have done
- power transformer has been seperated
- star ground
- opamp circuit has been shielded with small closed aluminium box
- vacuum tube has been shielded
- shielded signal cable has been used

6446292261_89c412fe41.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.