Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Cheap oscilloscope for setting up a Technics SP-10
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th June 2011, 06:54 AM   #21
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Hi John... pity about the bid, fingers crossed for the next one eh

just try tweaking that 78 rpm pot to satisfy your curiosity A good trick with presets is to measure the voltage on the wiper (but be consistent using the same DC range and measuring points). Write it down and then tweak... and you can always then put it back where it was.
Old 28th June 2011, 08:28 AM   #22
mikemac is offline mikemac  Australia
diyAudio Member

Is the sp-10 a different board than all the other Technics/Panasonic dd turntables, like the 1200"etc? I think i would just buy a new board! They can be had for $50 bucks.
Tho if i had an excuse to buy an Oscilloscope..........
Old 28th June 2011, 07:47 PM   #23
johnm is offline johnm  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Mooly: I think I'll leave it for the time being - at least until I've recapped the control board (which is the only one left to recap). Spending 100+ for something I may well only use once - trying to kick the DIY habit! - would be a bit of a waste. Hopefully when I recap that last board that'll sort out the very (and it really is a big 'very') slight juddering of the strobe on the 78rpm setting, without needing to adjust any pots. There's only two pots for the three speeds, so it wouldn't be a simple case of just being able to nudge one to sort out the one speed, alas.

Mike: They're completely different boards with the SP-10 Mk.II being quite a bit more complex than the SL1200/1210s.

Cheap oscilloscope for setting up a Technics SP-10Hide this!Advertise here!