Cheap oscilloscope for setting up a Technics SP-10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi John... pity about the bid, fingers crossed for the next one eh

just try tweaking that 78 rpm pot to satisfy your curiosity ;) A good trick with presets is to measure the voltage on the wiper (but be consistent using the same DC range and measuring points). Write it down and then tweak... and you can always then put it back where it was.

Mooly: I think I'll leave it for the time being - at least until I've recapped the control board (which is the only one left to recap). Spending £100+ for something I may well only use once - trying to kick the DIY habit! - would be a bit of a waste. Hopefully when I recap that last board that'll sort out the very (and it really is a big 'very') slight juddering of the strobe on the 78rpm setting, without needing to adjust any pots. There's only two pots for the three speeds, so it wouldn't be a simple case of just being able to nudge one to sort out the one speed, alas.

Mike: They're completely different boards with the SP-10 Mk.II being quite a bit more complex than the SL1200/1210s.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.