Puresound P10 RIAA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I don't want to use anode resistors for each tube: I prefer connect direct the Salas HV reg also I have only one Bartolucci transformer 150VAC secondary & one 10H Bartolucci choke (both are expensive: best quality), the RIAA is for a friend who has spent a lot of money & I don't want to ask more money.

What about if I reduce E88CC to 80V with a anode resistor? could you tell me the value if OK?

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Pics

Only for fun a couple of pics

Attachments

• DSC00059.jpg
    DSC00059.jpg
    790.6 KB · Views: 362
  • DSC00061.jpg
    DSC00061.jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 359
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I wanted to know what was going to be before the puresound first stage because in this one there is no input cap and I was wondering about first stage tube grid leakeage.

Now I see the cart will be connected to a jfet input... It is safe.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Just received Guy answer:

"The internal resistance of an 83 is about 70Kohm which is in parallel with the 120K load resistor giving 44Kohm. This is added to the 330K and the result works in parallel with the 1M0 to ground giving 272K which is the net value used in the Eq calculation. The Miller capacitance of the 88 is 40pF which must be added to the 2n2 and 560pF to get the eq calculation spot on.

rgs

Guy"

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
This is not really a low noise design. The 22 Ohm resistors plus R2 and two Fet`s are in series. S/N against 5mV is -85dB but against 0.5mV what is more common in MC carts it is only -65dB. That is 15dB less then it could be. It should have tremendoes speed though.

It's only a MC pre-pre max 26dBs so needs a MM, I mesured Idss NJFET & all are aprox 14mA, if you know any way to upgrade without changing the SMD NJFETS please be so kind to let me know. Yes have speed, body, resolution, etc that will be perfect combo with a MM tube far better than a step-up tx.:)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Just received Guy answer:

"The internal resistance of an 83 is about 70Kohm which is in parallel with the 120K load resistor giving 44Kohm. This is added to the 330K and the result works in parallel with the 1M0 to ground giving 272K which is the net value used in the Eq calculation. The Miller capacitance of the 88 is 40pF which must be added to the 2n2 and 560pF to get the eq calculation spot on.

rgs

Guy"

Now this completely changes my previsions.

I will need some time to digest and soon will post my best bet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.