2SK170 BL MC step up amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought that it could be my Rondo Red an bought a Ortofon Quintet Bronze. Thas was not the solution and went back to the BIB's 1.1 and everything is more smooth now. Don't know if i will keep the Bronze, not sure how good it handles pop/rockmusic. Vocals and rhythm is far better with the Bronze.

Attachments

• 2020-07-14 21.20.14.jpg
    2020-07-14 21.20.14.jpg
    715.8 KB · Views: 317
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Some say absolute phase matters some say not. We also don't know if its actually preserved in the various recordings or not. In any case you can reverse the polarity of speaker cables at both cabinets terminals and compare. That way you know its restored in your system chain at least.

Salas,

Just a word of thanks - I found this thread when looking for a schematic for a MC step up for a Pass pearl. I used a "teddy reg" to supply power given that the current demand is constant enough and the teddy reg is very quiet on its output although with high enough output impedance. Anyway, after the usual issues of chasing down hum, it is singing away and sounding lovely. No surprise that it it suits the Pearl so well I suppose.

If I adjust the supply voltage I'm looking to have about half the supply voltage on the drain?

Fran

Attachments

• IMG_20210330_113524-01.jpeg
    IMG_20210330_113524-01.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 160
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.