2SK170 BL MC step up amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some 2SK170bl lying around and want to make an amp for my Denon DL103 to go into the MM input on my Copland. I have an SUT but wanted to try SS. I'm looking for a simple circuit that has the option of gain switching to allow for lower output MCs further down my MC road.

Anyone know of a cct diag, preverably running off a 9v supply.

No RIAA eq needed.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
This one fits most spec you described except for gain switching.

Attachments

• PPMCsimpleSalas.gif
    PPMCsimpleSalas.gif
    55.7 KB · Views: 3,057
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
O/P at C3,R5 node. R1 is the load resistor, +Ve goes on top of it. Keep whatever is there after the 7809 or at least put 100R in series from PP3's + to R1's top and keep C2. 430 Ohm R2 loading good for DL103. Will drain 14mA per channel, not too long a listen with a PP3...

OK thanks Salas, probably a 12vdc adaptor to feed the 7809s unless I can find a 15v version.

I am thinking of building inside the same box as the SUT just for ease of build and swapping cables over. all for fun you understand.

What type of caps

Last edited:
Joined 2002
Paid Member
There:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/184068-psu-rc-multistage-filtering-2.html#post2486919

Tony suggests having a minimum of 5Vdc difference between input-output on LM 317.

It is my observation in praxis that this holds true for fixed voltage 3 leg regulators as well. It garantees specified regulation action from the chip.

This 5V difference is hidden in many of the performance curves supplied by the manufacturers of the voltage regulators.

Salas thanks for providing this schematic.

Regards
George

Attachments

• Dynamic Char.JPG
    Dynamic Char.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 3,345
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Dear Salas

With 35V in and 9Vout, Vdrop is 26V. This, times 15mA makes a 390mW.
Still not too high, but 35Vin is according to some manufacturers above from what they allow.

But I won't argue with you, ;) because the nice schematic you provided before, is ideal for building a pre to be installed just behind the cartridge on the headshell.
I would like to try this.
But I am lucking the Fets.
Do you know any source in Athens?

Regards
George

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I did not suggest he uses 35V input. He asked what is the max input. 35V absolute max is on the datasheet. 18VDC adaptor is OK.

Sometimes a couple of places like Fanos & Meni Kodoravdi take orders or have some left from adding a few to previews special orders.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.