How Can I connect A Balanced RIAA Phono Pre-Amp to a Phono Plug amp input

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Help wanted

I am a NOOB with regard to amplifier electronics I can solder a circuit together but I am lost when it comes to electronic theory. I have a Balanced Phono Pre-amp kit which has XLR output sockets. Pin 1 = Ground. Pin 2 = +. Pin 3 =-. and Pin 4 = CH with an earth signe marked PE. My Amplifier has standard Phono input sockets. Any help or advice would be most welcome with regard to connecting the Balanced Phono Pre-amp.

Many thanks

Martin

Hi
It is easy.... In proffesional Audio they keep the balanced line as long as possible so in the phono plug you go to unbalanced by soldering the 3- pole to the ground.

Some say you should solder the 2+ pole to the ground. They never ever wil agree... So in my humble opinion 2+ is a + pole and therefore should be handled that way.

Kind regards and happy soldering

Auke

Hi
It is easy.... In proffesional Audio they keep the balanced line as long as possible so in the phono plug you go to unbalanced by soldering the 3- pole to the ground.

Some say you should solder the 2+ pole to the ground. They never ever wil agree... So in my humble opinion 2+ is a + pole and therefore should be handled that way.

Kind regards and happy soldering

Auke

Many thanks I will solder the - wire on pin 3 to the outer screen which goes to ground.

Best wishes

Martin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.