Fixing Roberts r700 radio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I am a new member and have just started trying to fix an old Roberts Radio. I wonder if anyone can help me? I am after circuit diagrams/service information of a Roberts radio type r700? If not are there any fm receiver circuits from other manufacturers that might use the af180 and af114 germanium transistors available? Perhaps these circuits could give me a push in the right direction (by the way the FM is dead on this radio!) Thanks.:)

Any electronic device between 20 and 40 years old needs all the electrolytic capacitors replaced. These look like oil tanks for model trains, covered with cardboard or plastic cover with a plus on one end or a minus on the other. If your unit doesn't have tubes (valves in UK) then it shouldn't have any upright aluminum can electrolytic caps with 2-4 sections. These would need replacing,too. I recapped a 1980 radio I inherited from my father, and it works pretty well. It has better sensitivity than the pocket Sony FM radio I bought 3 years ago. I didn't have a schematic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.