Sony PS-X800 Zero Balance Adjustment procedure help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was wondering if anyone on this forum is technically familiar enough with the Sony PS-X800 to answer a question if you please.

On page 25 of the service manual there is a "Zero Balance Adjustment" calibration procedure.

THEY STATE:
1- Place extra weight of 3g on the shell.

2- During play, check that the voltage at TP8 is about -0.5V and call this voltage "E".

3- When pushing [ < ] button, make sure that voltage at TP8 is as identical to "E". If necessary, adjust RV112.

I tried interpreting and implimenting this procedure every possible way I could come up with, and got nowhere. What do you think? Please help as I have enough grey hairs already!

P.S. I am attempting to do this calibration procedure with an aftermarket headshell and cartridge and not the original Sony PS-X800 headshell and Sony XL-44L moving coil cartridge.

I am fairly sure that the PS-X800 originally came with the XL-44L cartridge, and this cartridge weighs in at a claimed 6.2 grams. The original PS-X800 headshell alone weighs in at a claimed 7.2 grams.

Thanks....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.