Inverse RIAA signal generator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi all, I know this is an old thread...I just did not want to start new one. Recently friend of mine asked me if I can built inverse riaa circuit for him. Just to utilize phono input as line level. I know this seems like barbaric thing to do, but it works. He is happy with the result. At the same time I built one for myself, just to be used to measure the flatness and distortion of some phono stages I have. Here is collection of simple circuits I found on the web. I hope some find it useful.

Attachments

• Inverse riaa.pdf
    242.1 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Give a try to a DSP-/Soundcard-Solution, maybe also have a look at Acourate (Introseite - AudioVero).

riaa.JPG

Last edited:
Dear scott wurcer, I'm interested in the wav file you mention. How can I get it? (24/96 inverse riaa wav file with 100 10th octave tones placed at exact bins for a 64k FFT.)
I send you MP but you have the box full.
Regards, Josè

They are all at Downloads | Linear Audio . Please remember they only work at the specified FFT length (64K is available on almost all tools). If your player does gap-less looping (I think most do) it will give you a continuous waveform.

George has posted some measurements using this technique and in my pre-amp thread I show the results of an actual analog RIAA confirmed to ~0.1dB. Remember this is a mathematical exercise you can't cut, resample, or make a lossy compressed version and have it still work.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.