cartridge for thorens td-125

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I don't have TT here, only on picture. Maxpou

Attachments

• Photo 2597_5_1.jpg
    Photo 2597_5_1.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 157
I would start with a DENON 103 cartridge.....you would have to pay a lot more to better it and, as it has a spherical stylus, is comparatively easy to set up. If you feel it needs improvement, get a better high or medium mass arm. The Denon is the best value MC out there - bar none.

the great thing about Denon cartridges

is that they can be stripped of their plastic bodies and re-bodied in wood....and of course they have a well documented reputation for being "bang for the buck".

What is all h gadgetry attached to the Thorens? re-plinthed, re-boxd, built in phono stage?

Your tpnearm was once sold as Systemdek arm,I guess one of the many Japanese versions,maybe from Jelco or other Japanese manufacturer.If I remember well it has an effective mass of around 13gr,therefeore the DL103 suggested here will be a very good match.The TD125 deserves a better tonearm though.A suggestion of SME 3009 might sound funny,but my experience of it on the TD125 even with expensive MC's suggests of a great sounding turntable.

Thank you for reply Guys,
sorry i'm very busy

Nanook: I bought this table of my friend and he changed the tonearm for a Systemdek as panicos K tell us but he had to machined a new plate for fit this new arm. He changed too the rca connectors and re-wired all.

Brianco and Panicos K: Thank you for your advices I will buy probably a DL103

Maxpou

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.