MPP

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I had a lot of visitors on the weekend.
Stig Björge, Jonathan Carr, Martina Schöner, Andrejs, Heiner Martion, Dieter Fricke and Georg Stracke.
Andrejs had brought a Paradise Phono Stage R3 that i have build with his inductive tube PSU. This is by far the best implementation that i have heard.
Treble is really sweet and there is a lot of energy in the fundamental range and in the bass. I thought that also timing and musicality is improved.
Everybody knows that a good PSU can make a difference but this is an outstanding example.

was this replacing the shunt regs, or the pre=reg?

I have worked quite extensively with different types of rapid prototyping, To be honest the precision and the materials are not very good, the epoxy used in the Tonearm, is very prone to absorb moisture, and over time it warps, like a vinyl record subjected to heat. there are some materials that performs a bit better and some additive laser based sintering that can produce quite good parts, but there you also have to pay the bill. I made an arm tube with integral structures printed in Titanium.. bill was more than 1000 dollars for one tube, that was even without the 3D file preparation that was done out of courtesy by the facility. Orthfon prints their cartridge bodies this way, MC-Anna is the last example.

It's really laser welding in a oxygen protected environment. The process welds titanium layer by layer, into a solid structure. app 15-20 layers pr mm. Something similar is done in UV cured materials/resins and also in thermoplastic powders, but items are not to be confused with real processed materials.

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
In post 8939 of the thread as a casual remark an inductive tube PSU of Andrejs is mentioned:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/154210-mpp-894.html

In a classical tubed power supply normally a choke is used, so I assume with ‘inductive’ is meant something else, maybe: phase consistent? Can someone please comment, or provide a link to contact Andrejs?