MPP

I did some more listen today.
Do yourself a favor and get Kate Bush, Director´s Cut.
For example the song : Lily.
Steve Gadd on the drums and John Giblin on bass wreck havock and break loose heaven and hell on this surprising rocking piece.
It is not particular fast like Metallica or such but the rhythm is such penetrating that it blew me away. It goes so deep that i felt like pushed under water, unable to breath.

The Diotecs that Frans ordered where fine and he found a lot of good matches.
I mixed brands in my Paradise R2 wild and it works just fine.
Maybe stuff the input stage with the best matches. In the mirror it does not matter much because of the multiplying that goes on there. Even with Hfe of 300 the impedance of the Pardise mirror is so high that it barely matters against the much lower impedance in the RIAA.

Last edited:
Here is one of the first (or first I'm not sure) designs http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/154210-mpp-438.html#post2861497 #4375

And the power supply Pre regulators that are powering Paradise and Pumpkin
At present

You may notice 2 different common mode cokes
Top ones are Joachim specks from earlier on this tread
The bottom boards has same home brewed with former and cores from Farnell

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/486648.pdf

I will give you part numbers of the one I have used when I can.
I just filled up the formers with 2 wires side by side.
I had Just one transformer for the Paradise beta so one pre-regulator.
When 2 paradise boards are connected together to one supply you get lot of hiss (Sallas mention that If I remember)
I have solved that with another common mode coke at the output of the pre-regulator for each of the Paradise Boards
R3 will be strictly dual mono

Attachments

• Preregulator 004.jpg
    Preregulator 004.jpg
    772.2 KB · Views: 288
  • Beta PSU 001.jpg
    Beta PSU 001.jpg
    984.1 KB · Views: 286
ON transistor matching.
If you don't have the Atlas
May be worth reading those

Transistor matching

Transistor_matching

I like the second link a loot

This is link to Atlas
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Semiconductor-Component-Analyser-Tester-Transistor/dp/B004Y0HV72

If you get one make yourself a little supply LM317 at 12.5 V will do and you can buy me same Vino with the money you save on battery

I have forthwith witdrawn my sopport and reccomendation for Luky_z Curve tracer
due to od results I had with the PNP (ofset mesured by Curve tracer was way to hi when compared to Atlas) mostly due to poor manuals expecialy in regards to calibration.

I did some more listen today.
Do yourself a favor and get Kate Bush, Director´s Cut.
For example the song : Lily.
Steve Gadd on the drums and John Giblin on bass wreck havock and break loose heaven and hell on this surprising rocking piece.
It is not particular fast like Metallica or such but the rhythm is such penetrating that it blew me away. It goes so deep that i felt like pushed under water, unable to breath.

You kidding me? Don't recall the particular song now, but that album is one of the worst recording i own...

I know, this is one of the reasons why i got the album in the first place. But this one is just bad... Within the first seconds of playing the first track, you'll hear kate's voice, but slightly muffled.

The three discs all have a different sound signature with the first one muffled, and the third one thin...

Edit: oh and this was with some of joachim's speakers: Tempo 2SE and rhea/terra 1