MPP

Interesting point of view. In Germany we say that the shoemaker has bad shoes.
Yes, the Adyton plus Virgo and Forsell frontend was really something. That was my golden times, when i had all this amazing designers around me plus Malkolm and his team. Also my engineer of that time, Berd Theiß was pretty decent. He graduated as a RF engineer with "Summa cum Laude". When i saw the layouts for the Cerubin bass amp spread out in his lab is was so pretty that i could not help but went up in tears.

This monster draws 3kW at idle and weights 180kG. It is a 4 man lift.

Attachments

• Cerubin Bass Amp.jpg
    Cerubin Bass Amp.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 362
What i find interesting is the replicant stylus. It looks very similar to the chisel that cuts the grove. The original Gyger was that way.
It has a rather unfortunate combination of 6 Ohm and only 0,2mV output so when you use an active pre-pre it has a more then 6dB noise disadvantage against the Lyra Titan i that puts out 0,5mV with 5,5 Ohm. The Diamond Dove could serve it well.
Also interesting is that the mechanical design is somewhat the opposite of the minimalistic MC90. I could imagine that is works better in heavy arms and gives a more romantic sound. What i really desire is the Atlas but it is out of reach at the moment and the Titan i has a long way to go until it is worn down.
I will get a Spiral Grove Centroid arm soon though and Frank Schröder has already tested his arm board on my SG1. It fits, so when Frank puts his new tangential arm in production there is hope that i can listen to that too.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Indeed... Waiting for some styrenes that can fit there... Unfortunately I did not have enough amber leds, so I used some green also :)

The EL caps do not fit so I had to tie them up.

Hope I do not need to do the GND thing.

looking good! my build used only green LEDs, shouldnt make a difference though.

did notice though that oscillations reappeared with long input cables, maybe MiiB or JG could advise a good way to stabilize the iput stage that doesnt degrade quality too much...

This should do the job. Only one of cause, we have single ended. At the end of the day bipolars are demodulating diodes. This also reduces RF ingress. The Horwege Phono has that at the input and it sounds transparent and dynamic. The coil is more or less a short at audible frequencies and it is well damped by the resistor. The are SMD types and also though hole. I will look up what type you can try.

Attachments

• Input Stabilzer.png
    Input Stabilzer.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 315
Joachim

Jose, you will get the boards as soon as possible but this are MiiBs and mine. I know it´s cruel (;

Don't worry about it, I don't have the time now to build it so I'll wait for my boards when you have them ready for shipping. First I need to finish two mono amps ;) you know ?!

Just make sure you guys get to paradise and keep me posted :)

Cheers,

José

Audiofanatic ;)